As a resarch fellow at the School of Computer Science at University of St Andrews, i am funded by the Horizon 2020 OpenDreamKit Grant.
I am interested in
- computing stuff about semigroups and groups using transformations, permutations, matrices, and presentations, or by exploiting geometric and combinatorial properties, through automata or formal languages
- building better programming systems to compute stuff by using (dependent) types, proof assistants, formal systems, logic and category theory
Projects and Collaborations
- Search in Permutation Groups, with Rebecca Waldecker and Chris Jefferson,
- Computational Methods for Hyperbolic Groups, with Alan Logan, Colva Roney-Dougal, and Derek Holt,
- Parallelisation of Computer Algebra Algorithms, with James Mitchell,
- Combinatorial Semigroup Theory, with Alan J. Cain and Tara Brough.
- Interactive tools for Discrete Algebra, with my student Manuel Martins.
- Dependently Typed Computer Algebra, and building better computer algebra systems. In particular I am intrigued by Idris and MMT.
- 2016–Felix , Type inference and analysis of GAP code
- 2016–Kawthar Ali, MMath dissertation
- 2017–Lucas Jones, Schreier-Sims for GAP and HPC-GAP
- 2017–Victor Vasyliev, Math-in-the-Middle system
- 2017–Alasdair McIndoe, Parallelised Semigroup Enumeration
- 2017–Daphne Bogosian, Algorithms for Hyperbolic Groups in GAP and HPC-GAP
- 2018–Kirill Rodriguez, Chinese Remaindering for Linear Equations over the Rationals in GAP
I am a member of